Do’s and Dont’s post SMILE surgery
If high eye power and dependency on spectacles are causing hindrances in your everyday life, getting an advanced refractive surgery like SMILE is the right solution. This advanced procedure offers highly stable results and makes eyes less dry post-surgery. To reap the best results, of course, certain tips should be abided by as you can’t neglect even minor things when it’s to your eyes.
Also, It is normal to experience glare and halos around lights for a few days after SMILE procedure. The symptoms subside gradually and disappear soon. It is also normal to see some red spots in the whites of the eyes. These blood vessels heal and vanish as recovery progresses. Fret not, it is easy to manage all these things by observing simple post-surgery instructions that the doctor gives. Bear in mind the following post SMILE surgery care tips to have a speedy smooth recovery.
- Be easy for 4-5 hours following refractive surgery. The medication given for relaxation may make you feel sleepy and tired. Get ample rest.
- Use eye lubricant drops as prescribed. It is advised to keep the eyes close for around 3-4 hours without exposing them to harsh light, wind, or screen.
- Wear an eye shield or protective goggles as prescribed after SMILE surgery
- Wash hands thoroughly before using eye drops each time
- Only indulge in light exercises for a few days to not keep the sweat out of the eyes
- Wear UV protection sunglasses while going out in the sun
- Stay away from screen work and near work which involves eye strain
- Rub your eyes
- Wear eye makeup such as kajal, mascara, etc. for 5-7 days
- Let water enter the eyes
- Get into a swimming pool, sauna, bathtub, jacuzzi, or hot tub
- Let your pet get into your bed until your eyes recover completely to prevent eye infection, irritation, or inflammation.
- Go near dusty and smoky environments such as construction sites, for at least 2-3 days
Contact your eye specialist in case of any abnormal signs or symptoms post-SMILE eye surgery
Keep an eye out for alarming signs of complications after refractive surgery:
- Extreme eye pain shortly after surgery
- Excessive discharge from the eye
- Increased swelling in the eye
- A major decrease in vision
Do not delay seeking medical attention for the aforementioned symptoms as they may worsen if left unattended, affecting vision and eyesight.
More insights on SMILE surgery
SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) is the most advanced laser vision correction procedure. It is alternatively known as Refractive Lenticule Extraction (RELEX). This minimally invasive procedure is preferred to correct myopia (nearsightedness) with precise and accurate results. Other than nearsightedness, SMILE eye surgery can also treat astigmatism or cylindrical eye power (up to 5 diopters).
Choose Centre For Sight for a seamless refractive surgery experience
If you or a family member is about to undergo SMILE surgery, it’s better to get to know about the precautions after SMILE eye surgery. Make sure that you research properly before finalizing an eye surgeon for SMILE eye surgery. Once you pick an eye specialist, get your doubts cleared and follow the necessary SMILE post op care. To consult experienced refractive surgeons with a successful track record, get in touch with Centre For Sight. Our team of doctors (more than 200 doctors) is spread all over India. We are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure to ensure, the patient faces no hassles. To book an appointment at your nearest Centre For Sight, visit https://www.centreforsight.net/