WHAT IS FEMTO LASIK?
Femto LASIK is a type of laser eye procedure developed in the early 1990s to resolve vision problems by reshaping the size of the cornea.
HOW IT WORKS
BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
The specialist will run a series of standard tests to assess the status of your eye for the procedure.
Your specialist will use eye drops to dilate and anaesthetise your pupils.
DURING THE PROCEDURE
Your eyes are kept open with the help of an instrument called Eye Speculum.
Suction is applied over your cornea using a device called patient interface. Through this the laser is precisely focussed onto the eye.
The Laser is positioned on a particular area which creates a flap on the surface of the cornea and the suction is released.
The flap is lifted to expose the corneal stroma.
Excimer Laser rays are used to reshape the cornea into the required form to resolve your refractive error problem.
AFTER THE PROCEDURE
Temporary discomfort and vision disturbances may occur during the first few days or weeks after the procedure and go away within three to six months after the procedure. It’s totally worth it in the end when you experience perfection in your vision.
Eye Infections are very rare after Femto LASIK and you can further decrease the risk by using medicated eye drops as directed.
Recovery Time :
Recovery time may vary from person to person, but in most cases, visual recovery takes just few days. Allowing you to be back at work or play within the week!
- Wear an eye shield/sunglasses for 24 to 48 hours
- Don’t miss the follow-up appointments and use eye drops as prescribed to minimise the chance of getting an infection
- Activities such as swimming, sports, etc. should be avoided as much as possible for the initial weeks
- Stay away from beauty products like lotions, creams and cosmetics for at least a month after the procedure
KNOW MORE THROUGH THIS VIDEO
Are you eligible for Femto LASIK? Let’s find out!
People with the following traits can opt for Femto LASIK:
- Moderate or mild problems in vision (seeing things that are near or far)
- Adequate Corneal Thickness (You will know that through a quick test at the centre)
- Overall, if you are a candidate for LASIK, then you are a candidate for Femto LASIK as well.
What patrons have to say
OUR EYE SPECIALISTS
Does Femto LASIK hurt?
Femto LASIK does not hurt a bit. You will be anaesthetized with eye drops before the procedure. Neither general anaesthesia nor the use of a needle is involved here. You will remain conscious for the entire duration of the procedure.
What’s so special about Femto LASIK?
This procedure involves –
- Very high precision level
- Reduced risk of inflammation
- Fewer side-effects
- Faster healing process
What to keep in mind after the Femto LASIK procedure?
You will need to use your eyes at the earliest after the procedure to accelerate the acclimatization of your new vision. However, for the first few days–
- Do not rub your eyes
- Do not wash them with water
- Do not put makeup near them
Is Femto LASIK safe?
Femto LASIK uses a laser instead of a blade for the procedure, making it safer. Because it is computer-controlled, the chances of human error are also reduced.