WHAT IS LASIK?
At PLANET LASIK, where innovation meets vision, we proudly present LASIK – an acronym that unveils the magic of Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis. It is a popular surgical procedure used to correct vision problems. It is a safe and effective way to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses. During the procedure, a laser is used to reshape the cornea, improving its ability to focus light onto the retina and thus enhancing vision.
Types of LASIK Procedure
There are several types of LASIK treatments and procedures available, each catering to different needs and conditions. Here are a few commonly performed types of LASIK:
1. Standard LASIK: This is the most common type of LASIK eye surgery. It involves creating a thin flap on the cornea using a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser. The flap is then lifted, and the underlying corneal tissue is reshaped using an excimer laser. Finally, the flap is repositioned.
2. Bladeless LASIK: At PLANET LASIK, innovation meets precision in the realm of vision correction. Step into a world of advanced technology with Bladeless LASIK, a revolutionary approach to achieving crystal-clear vision. Unlike traditional LASIK procedure, laser eye surgery eliminates the need for a microkeratome blade, replacing it with a state-of-the-art femtosecond laser. This laser creates a thin, precise corneal flap, ensuring minimal disruption to the eye’s surface and reducing the risk of complications. Our skilled surgeons orchestrate this procedure with unmatched expertise, crafting a bespoke visual solution tailored to your individual needs. Experience the pinnacle of safety, comfort, and accuracy with Bladeless LASIK at PLANET LASIK by Centre For Sight, and open your eyes to a world of limitless possibilities.
3. Customized LASIK: At PLANET LASIK, we redefine the way you perceive the world. Our cutting-edge approach to laser vision correction brings you the pinnacle of visual freedom: Customized LASIK operation. Imagine a procedure tailored uniquely to your eyes, addressing your specific vision challenges with unprecedented precision. With advanced wavefront technology, we map the intricacies of your eyes, creating a digital fingerprint of your vision. This map guides our excimer lasers to reshape your cornea with unparalleled accuracy, correcting nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Your journey to clear, vibrant vision begins with our team of experienced surgeons, who combine artistry with expertise to orchestrate a truly personalized LASIK experience. Discover the world like never before, with Customized LASIK, only at PLANET LASIK.
4. Aspheric LASIK: Welcome to PLANET LASIK at Centre For Sight, where we’re dedicated to transforming your vision and enriching your life. Introducing Aspheric LASIK, an innovation that sets new standards in laser vision correction. Unlike traditional LASIK procedure, Aspheric LASIK goes beyond basic visual correction by considering the unique curvature of your cornea. Our expert surgeons utilize advanced aspheric ablation profiles to meticulously reshape the cornea, minimizing visual distortions like spherical aberrations. This results in not only improved visual acuity but also enhanced contrast sensitivity, allowing you to experience the world in remarkable clarity. With Aspheric LASIK, we’re not just correcting your vision; we’re optimizing it for the ultimate visual experience. Explore the possibilities at PLANET LASIK by Centre For Sight and embrace a future with exceptional vision.
Cost of LASIK
LASIK eye surgery cost can vary depending on several factors like location, the surgeon’s expertise, and the technology used. At PLANET LASIK, we offer exclusive services with a focus on providing the best possible outcomes for our patients. We understand that cost is an important consideration, and we strive to offer competitive prices without compromising on the quality of care. When considering the cost of LASIK, it is essential to evaluate the long-term benefits and potential savings on glasses or contact lenses. LASIK is a one-time investment that can significantly improve your quality of life and save you money in the long run. Average laser eye surgery cost at PLANET LASIK can be around INR 25000 to 50,000. The cost may vary for every patient and thus to know the exact cost of your LASIK treatment, speak to our team. Book your appointment to know more.
HOW IT WORKS
BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
Your eyes are precisely measured to identify the perfect lens to suit your vision.
In some cases, a laser procedure may need to be performed before that to avoid the possibility of raised intraocular pressure.
DURING THE PROCEDURE
Prior to the implantation, you will receive topical anaesthetic drops to minimise discomfort. You may also be administered a sedative.
Post that, the specialist will create two micro-openings in the edge of your cornea that will be used for positioning the lens.
AFTER THE PROCEDURE
To complete the procedure, the specialist will instill eye drops which will prevent inflammation and infection.
You will continue to use these drops for several days once you are home.
NOTE: Do not rub your eyes, especially for the first 3-5 days. If you experience pain or notice any sudden decrease in vision, contact your specialist without delay. A few routine eye checkups will be done to ensure everything is perfect.
KNOW MORE THROUGH THIS VIDEO
Are you eligible for LASIK? Let’s find out!
In order to go for LASIK, you must :
- Be 18-45 years of age
- Not be an expecting or nursing mother
- Have a refractive error between -12 and +6D (You will know that through tests)
- Have a healthy cornea (You will know that through a quick test at the centre)
- Not have any medical condition that affects the ability to heal
- Your refractive error should be stable for at least a year
What patrons have to say
OUR EYE SPECIALISTS
Who can benefit from LASIK?
LASIK is a laser refractive procedure which is used to improve one’s vision. It can be used to correct a wide range of vision problems like nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and astigmatism. People with these conditions can benefit from LASIK.
How long is the recovery period with LASIK?
Although it varies from person to person, one’s vision does improve within 1-2 hours of the procedure. Most people have a clear vision within 24 hours, but others take 2-5 days to recover. It is advisable to avoid swimming and any other contact sports for a week following the procedure.
How long does a LASIK procedure take?
Taking into consideration that each is unique, and the time taken to complete a LASIK procedure can vary, it typically takes less than 10 minutes per eye. Additionally, the actual laser correction in the eye is done within 20-120 seconds.
Is LASIK safe?
LASIK is generally considered a safe procedure with a low complication rate. In fact, it is one of the safest elective surgical procedures available today. There are minimal side effects like dry eyes, inflammation, and more which go away in a few days with timely follow-ups and eye care.