What are the advantages of Contoura Vision Surgery?
We all love an experience that’s personalized for us. What if the same can happen for eyes as well?? Yes, that’s possible with Contoura Vision eye surgery for specs removal, also commonly referred to as Contoura LASIK. It is a different procedure than LASIK and is a state-of-the-art eye surgery which is nothing like conventional or traditional surgery where one would require to go under the knife. Contoura Vision surgery can correct refractive errors like myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism. Contoura Vision treatment is USFDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) approved and hence safe to perform.
To make you more assured about the procedure, let’s further discuss more benefits of contoura vision.
Though other procedures like LASIK and SMILE are also available to correct eye power, Contoura Vision is one level ahead in terms of customization and accuracy. In addition, this advanced refractive surgery effectively corrects the irregularity of the corneal surface and works on the visual axis.
Contoura Vision with a specialized device called Topolyzer maps and eliminates corneal irregularities by creating 22,000 unique elevation points on the cornea. This helps in forming an optically smooth corneal surface, thereby resulting in enhanced sharpness and clarity in vision.
So far, there is no mention of blade, surgical incisions or wounds, as there are none involved in
Contoura Vision eye surgery! That’s the best part.
Around 92.6% myopic people regained 20/20 after getting Contoura Vision procedure done. And, in 30% cases, Contoura Vision eye surgery has outmatched eyeglasses and contacts.
Other Contoura Vision benefits include:
- Pain free procedure performed after instilling numbing/anesthetic eye drops
- No stitches required and thus no chances of wound infection or inflammation.
- No use of injections and bandage
- Daycare procedure where you can head back home on the same day. An overnight hospital stay is not required.
- It takes minimal time to recover from Contoura Vision. It is easy to resume normal routine life the next day, with only a few simple precautions.
- Reduced halo, glare and other visual abrasions after the procedure in comparison to other refractive procedures
However, like any other surgical procedure, there are a few minor side effects of Contoura Vision. You may experience temporary dry eyes, itching, redness, and swelling after a refractive procedure. These problems subside with healing within 1-2 days only. But it’s crucial to continue using medication eye drops.
Who is the right candidate for Contoura Vision Eye Surgery?
As it is true that one procedure doesn’t fit all, as every person’s eye health and needs are different.
- The first and foremost is the age eligibility to undergo refractive surgery. Your age should be 18 or above and the cornea mustn’t be too thin.
- Your eyeglass prescription should be consistent (visit an eye care specialist every six months)
- Spherical eye power should be less than 8-10 dioptres
- There shouldn’t be a case of corneal pathology, where eye power keeps on increasing with age due to some abnormalities
Your eye specialist would run a rigorous eye exam and check your medical history to ensure that Contoura Vision is just the right refractive procedure for you.
Visit Planet Lasik to know your eligibility for Contoura Vision or other refractive procedures
To get your eyes tested by experienced eye specialists, visit Planet Lasik powered by Centre For Sight. All our refractive surgeons are familiar with advanced eye care technology and have successfully performed several surgeries with excellent visual outcomes. To book your consultation with our eye specialist near you, visit https://www.planetlasik.com/