Say goodbye to glasses with Bladeless Femto LASIK!
Wearing glasses or contact lenses can be pretty annoying. Fortunately, there are a host of modern solutions that can help you get rid of them for good.
When you decide to have a vision correction treatment, it is natural to want to select the best specialist and procedure for your eyes. If the fear of having a blade near your eye keeps you away from having perfect vision and freedom from glasses, Femto LASIK may be the answer.
Femto LASIK is also known as bladeless LASIK or all-laser LASIK. For the vision correction procedure, the surgeon employs two types of lasers.
The femtosecond laser is used to create with high precision a thin corneal flap, and the excimer laser is used to reshape the underlying corneal tissue or stroma. The flap is then placed back & it sticks on without the need for stitches. The reshaped cornea corrects the spectacle power & allows you to see without glasses..
This procedure is recommended for patients with mild/moderate myopia, hyperopia, and/or astigmatism, as well as adequate corneal thickness. It is usually determined by a thorough eye examination. However, if you are a candidate for LASIK, you are also a candidate for Femto LASIK.
All forms of LASIK procedures are authorized for use in patients who are at least 18 years old. Suppose your contact lens or glasses prescription has changed in the last year, or if you have hormonal swings due to conditions like diabetes or nursing, you cannot have a Femto LASIK procedure.
Over the past year, your eyesight shouldn’t have changed by more than 0.5 dioptres, and a pregnant woman should not opt for this procedure.
BLADELESS LASIK – ADVANCED ALL LASER LASIK
Bladeless Lasik is a fully laser-assisted treatment that produces incisions with unparalleled accuracy, precision, and consistency, totally eliminating the use of a blade. In it, a Femtosecond Laser is utilized in place of the Microkeratome (a rotating blade), typically used in regular Lasik procedures to create the corneal flap.
The absence of blades makes Femto-LASIK more precise, simple, and safe for patients.
Procedure for Femto LASIK
- Your eyes will be numbed with drops. Using a device known as the Eye Speculum, your eyelids will be held open.
- A suction ring is utilized to provide suction over your pupil, and a glass lens is used to flatten the cornea before the treatment. This allows focussed laser delivery.
- The suction is removed once the laser is focused on the surgical area. The laser precisely fashions a corneal flap which is lifted by the surgeon. .
- To fix your refractive error issue,excimer laser is used to reshape the cornea into the necessary shape. The flap is then put back in place.
- The average Femto LASIK procedure takes around 10 minutes for each eye, and the recovery period is one to two days. Most medical professionals agree that you can resume your regular activities after resting your eyes on the day of the LASIK procedure.
- Most patients achieve 20/20 vision without using glasses or contact lenses, while it occasionally takes a few days to a few weeks for vision to stabilize.
Recovery time after Femto LASIK
Although recovery time may differ from person to person, it takes three to six weeks to fully recover from the Femto LASIK procedure in most circumstances. For 24 to 48 hours, you might have mild irritation. Additional follow-up sessions with your expert will be required. To reduce the likelihood of contracting an infection, use the eye drops as directed. Avoid vigorous physical activities, in the immediate postoperative period, & swimming for about 3-4 weeks. Avoid using beauty products like moisturizers, lotions, and cosmetics for at least one month following the procedure.
Benefits of a Femto Laser
The following are some of the main benefits of Femto laser procedure over conventional surgical methods:
Blades are used for LASIK procedures as usual practice. Contrarily, in bladeless Femto laser procedures, most medical procedures are carried out using a computer-controlled laser. making the overall process safer.
Bladeless Femto laser procedure creates customized flaps with precise configuration using a laser Compared to conventional methods, this yields much more accurate and superior results.
The procedure takes 10-15 minutes only.
The Femto lasik uses precise lasers for accurate outcomes, so vision recovery is quicker than traditional procedures.
Why choose Planet Lasik?
Any refractive eye treatment necessitates expertise, appropriate equipment, and effective
aftercare. When you come to Planet Lasik, you get all three. Get in touch to get rid of your glasses today!