Contoura Vision Disadvantages
Disadvantages of Contoura Vision
Imagine, you could be free of years of hassles with eyeglasses in one day! Sounds dreamy, right? Yes, Contoura Vision is an FDA-approved refractive surgery which removes eye power in one go and is highly precise, rather customized. Contoura Vision surgery has gained quite a preference in recent years. It is considered an advanced version of Femto LASIK (laser-assisted keratomileusis).
Contoura Vision involves 22,000 elevation points on the cornea for highly precise correction of the irregular cornea and visual axis. Topography-guided laser technology is used in the process. It involves three techniques for correction, namely a Femtosecond laser, an Excimer laser, and a Topolyzer.
Though it is an excellent refractive procedure, it also has certain limitations or disadvantages with Contoura Vision Surgery. One should know about both pros and cons of a procedure before rushing into one. Let’s deep dive into the possible complications and disadvantages of contoura vision in this detailed guide.
Contoura Vision Disadvantages to keep in Mind
It is very essential to consider potential disadvantages or limitations associated with the procedure. Some of the contoura Vision Disadvantages includes:
- Not an ideal choice for all: One approach can’t fit all. Individuals with eye conditions like too thin cornea or other abnormalities or eye diseases are not eligible to go ahead with Contoura Vision treatment. The eligibility criteria include the following things:
- Above 18 years of age
- Myopia (nearsightedness) less than or up to -12 D
- Hyperopia (farsightedness) less than or up to +6 D
- Astigmatism less than or up to +/- 6 D
- No underlying medical condition
- Overall good health
- Temporary side effects: It is normal to go through a few side effects following the Contoura Vision procedure. Common side effects of Contoura Vision include dry eye, glare or halos around lights, and increased light sensitivity. Usually, in most cases, such side effects vanish within a few weeks. However, if the problem aggravates or persists for a longer time, get in touch with your eye doctor without negligence.
- Recovery period: Once you’re done with your Contoura surgery, rest your eyes properly to allow them to heal completely. Your doctor may advise you to wear protective eyewear for some time and follow precautions as advised by the eye doctor.
How to prevent major side effects after Contoura Vision?
- Make sure that you choose a qualified and experienced eye surgeon who is well-conversant with technological advancements in eye care. They can also tell you in detail about Contoura Vision eye surgery and its limitations or disadvantages.
- All pre and post-operative visits are necessary. Timely visits to the doctor and following all instructions help in ensuring that you face no major complications throughout your treatment journey.
- If or when you experience any signs of complications like excessive swelling, or redness, immediately reach out to your eye surgeon. Remember to not use any medication without consulting with the doctor.
It is crucial to note that the chances of serious complications after Contoura Vision are very less, almost nil. However, only in some rare cases, the patient may experience major difficulties. There are certainly certain situations in which doctors don’t advise the patient to go ahead with Contoura Vision.
An individual is ineligible to undergo Contoura Vision eye surgery in the following scenarios:
- Too thin cornea
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Vascular, immunodeficiency, or autoimmune disease
- Diagnosed with keratoconus (thinning and bulging of cornea)
- Severe dry eye syndrome, glaucoma, recurrent corneal erosion, etc.
- Hyperglycemia (uncontrolled diabetes)
Therefore, a thorough pre-LASIK workup is necessary to rule out the chances of unprecedented complications that may cause damage to the patient.
Rely on a specialist consultation for your precious eyes!
While deciding to get rid of glasses and searching for the best suitable treatment can be an endless task without proper guidance. Only a professional eye doctor with years of experience can offer the best insights and understand a patient’s case thoroughly. We, at Planet LASIK by Centre For Sight, have a team of dedicated eye specialists and surgeons who are highly renowned for their work. To book an appointment and step into your new phase of hassle-free living, visit https://www.planetlasik.com/.