- SMILE Eye procedure
- LASIK & Refractive procedure
- Glaucoma treatment
- Cataract procedure
Maj Gen (Dr) JKS Parihar (Retd)
Book an Appointment
- Cornea services
- Ocular Surface & Dry Eyes Disorders
- Keratoconus treatment
- Computer Vision Syndrome
- MBBS from GRMC Gwalior & MGM Indore, DOMS (Indore) MS
- DNB from AIIMS, New Delhi
- Post-Doctoral Trg in Anterior Seg Micro Surgery from AIIMS,
- Acquired Distinction in Fellowship of the National Academy of
Medical Sciences, India (FAMS)
- Served in the armed forces for about 34 years with distinction
- Attained the rank of Major General (The second highest rank for
any doctor in the armed forces of India)
- Addl. Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (Medical
Research, Health & Trg, Education)
- Professor and HOD of Ophthalmology at AH (R&R) Delhi Cantt
- Professor of Ophthalmology at AFMC Pune
- Presently affiliated with Centre for Sight (Ophthalmic
Superspeciality tertiary Care & DNB Trg Institute), New Delhi as
a Senior Consultant Ophthalmology & Head, Academics and Trg
& Professor of Ophthalmology
- National Awards given by the Governors/Govt of India
- National Awards conferred by the President of India on the eve of Republic Day
- Sena Medal (Distinguished) 2003: The award was conferred especially towards the phenomenal contribution to eye banking and community ophthalmic services in various parts of the country.
- Vishisht Seva Medal 2007: The award was conferred especially towards recognition of outstanding contribution towards advancement in Ophthalmology, eye banking and community ophthalmic services at the national level.
- Bar to Vishisht Seva Medal 2014: The award was conferred again in 2014 to recognize phenomenal professional contributions in the field of Ophthalmology at national & international levels.
- Appreciation by the Governor of Jammu & Kashmir in 2008 for the
exceptionally high order of Professional services and Surgical Skills.
- Appreciation by the Governor of Himachal Pradesh in 2016 for the exceptionally high order of Professional Services and Surgical Skills.
- Appreciation by the Governor of Mizoram in 2008 in recognition of an exceptionally high order of Professional Commitment and Surgical Skills.
- Appreciation by the Governor of West Bengal in 2004 in recognition of an exceptionally high order of Professional Commitment and Surgical Skills.
- Commendation by Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCOAS) 2009. Awarded by the Govt of India for the exceptionally high order of Professional & Military services.
- Commendation by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) 2012. Awarded by Govt of India for the exceptionally high order of Professional & Military services.
- Commendation card of General Officer Commanding in Chief Western Command, 1996, awarded by the Govt of India for the exceptionally high order of Professional & Military services.
- Commendation card of General Officer Commanding in Chief, Northern Command –1985 awarded by Govt of India for the exceptionally high order of Professional & Military services.
- Academic Excellence awards by national academic bodies of peer repute:
- FAMS (2012): Fellow National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS) New Delhi, one of the most prestigious academic awards conferred by the National Academy in recognition of the academic contributions and professional achievements of par excellence of the international repute.
- Dr. SD Sharma oration 2021 by the National Academy of Medical Sciences, India, for a distinguished contribution towards medical education in India.
- MAMS (1999): Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS) New Delhi. This prestigious academic award is conferred to the medical professionals’ recognition of the academic contributions and professional achievements of an exceptionally high order of national repute.
- Community Ophthalmic Services /Professional Excellence awards: –
- International Awards:
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Appreciation Award 2016: conferred by The Govt of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan on the 7th of January, 2016, for expressing a perfect sense of humanity & maintaining the roots of mutual friendly relations between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan & Republic of India by demonstrating vigorous efforts and unconditional compassion on the treatment and care of patients from ANA.
- APAO Distinguished service 2011: conferred by Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology at Sydney (Australia) on the 20th of March, 11, in recognition of phenomenal and outstanding contribution to Ophthalmology in the last three decades.
- National Awards:
- VII Dr. M.C. Nahta Netra Suraksha Puraskar (2011): National Award for Prevention and control of Blindness (2011)
(Comprised of Citation and Rs/51000/ cash prize) Conferred by National Society of Prevention and Control of
- ACOIN Award & Oration (Dr. Pinaki Ranjan Roy Memorial ACOIN Award)(2014): Conferred by the Association of
Community Ophthalmologists of India (ACOIN)
- The Limca Book of world records, 2013: Endorsed by the Limca Book of World Records (Page 176/2013) for the rare & singular achievement of conducting eye camps and performing cataract surgery by using Phacoemulsification with foldable Intraocular Lens implant technique at the highest altitude of 14106 feet in the world.
- 7th International Sardar Patel Award 2012 by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Foundation, New Delhi on 20 March 2013 for lifetime achievement in the “Excellence in Ophthalmology”.
- IIRSI Special Gold medal (2013 & 09): Conferred by Intraocular Implant and Refractive Society (IIRSI), India twice.
- NSPB Award (2005): Conferred by National Society for the Prevention of Blindness – India.
- Dr. SN Mitter Award & Oration 2019 by Delhi Ophthalmological society.
- Dr. BN Khanna Award & Oration 2014 by Delhi Ophthalmological. Society in recognition of the outstanding professional achievements in the field of Ophthalmology. Delivered Oration on “Glaucoma: Perspective Challenges & Future Strategies” during the 65 th Annual Conference of DOS Held on 13 Apr 2014 at Delhi.
- Prof AK Mitra Award & Oration 2019: by WB Chapter of Association of Community Ophthalmologists of India (ACOIN) recognition for outstanding community ophthalmic services and eye banking activities.
- ACOIN Air Marshal MS Boparai Award & Oration 2019 by Delhi Chapter of Association of Community Ophthalmologists of India (ACOIN) recognising outstanding community ophthalmic services and eye banking.
- Late Dr. Kumud Joshi Memorial NSPB (MP) Oration & Award 2015: Conferred by National Society for the Prevention of Blindness, India (MP)
- Late Dr Sandeep Wagh award & Oration 2013: by Poona Ophthalmological Society in recognition of the outstanding leadership & phenomenal achievements in the field of “Excellence in Ophthalmology.
- Dr SD Athavale award (2005): Conferred by Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society in recognition of the extensive ophthalmic services rendered, especially to rural communities of the state of Maharashtra.
- Satayavati Sahebrao Madan memorial award: 2002 -03 by Poona Ophthalmological Society in recognition of the Ophthalmic services rendered, especially to rural communities of the state of Maharashtra.
- Appreciation Award of Academic Excellence: 2010: Awarded by Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS).
- Ophthalmology Vibhushan Award: 2007: Awarded by Eye Care Foundation and Delhi Ophthalmology Club.
- Bharat Jyoti Award for Excellence in Medicine (2011): Conferred by India International Friendship Society (IIFS) New Delhi on 14 Feb 2012
- Award for Excellence in Community Ophthalmic services (2010): Conferred by Health Care Professionals of India (Under National Rural Health Mission, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India)
- Other Awards:
- Chief of Air Staff Award 2016 comprises of Medal, Certificate of Merit and a cash prize of Rs 10000 was awarded by the Office of DGAFMS, Govt of India to the original research paper in the category of the best-published article in the discipline of Surgery & allied specialities including dental sciences.
- AIOS Best Free Paper (Community / Social Ophthalmology Session-I) 2016.
- AIOS Best Free Paper (Glaucoma section) 2011. Certificate of Merit awarded to the Free Paper titled “Clinico Histological evaluation of the efficacy of Bevacizumab (Avastin) Modulated Trabeculectomy over Mitomycin C Modulated Trabeculectomy in cases of Primary Open Angle Glaucoma” 69AIOC 2011.
- MJAFI Best Article Award 2013. Certificate of Merit and Cash Prize of Rs. 1,000/- for second best article of 2013 published in Medical Journal Armed Forces of India (MJAFI), an indexed journal for South-East Asia).
- MJAFI Best Article Award 1998. Certificate of Merit and Cash Prize of Rs.1,000/- for second best article of 1998 published in Medical Journal Armed Forces of India (MJAFI), an indexed journal for South-East Asia).
- Rashtra Bhasha (Hindi) Award 2003. Second best essay in All India Hindi Essay competition (Armed Forces Medical Services category) Awarded by Govt of India.
What patrons have to say
Seven years back, I used to wear eyeglasses & contact lenses, but then I got SMILE Eye Surgery done at Centre for Sight. The entire procedure was seamless & quick, and even my vision was completely restored. It really transformed my life! So, don't hide your beautiful eyes behind eyeglasses. It's time to #BeSpecsFree.
I am feeling very light and relaxed after the surgery. I used to feel tired from wearing contacts and glasses, but now there is a sense of relief. I would recommend the SMILE procedure to everyone who wants to eliminate SPECS from their lives.
I think I made the wisest decision by choosing SMILE Laser Eye Surgery! Thanks, Centre for Sight, for giving me endless smiles.
I wanted to get rid of my contact lenses & glasses and hence decided to go for LASIK Eye Surgery from Centre For Sight. My experience was great, and I am very happy with the results!
I came to Centre for Sight with a lot of doubts regarding SMILE Laser Eye Surgery, but my eye doctor & the entire staff made me feel comfortable & guided me throughout the process. The surgery went smoothly, and I really had a wonderful experience here!
I decided to go for SMILE surgery and get rid of my eyeglasses. And it was an amazing experience - the procedure took 5-10 mins only, and the entire staff & doctors were super comforting. I literally got my vision back, and I feel AMAZING!
Mr. Sidharth Gupta
For 11 years, I used to wear spectacles, and I recently got SMILE laser eye surgery at Centre For Sight, Safdarjung. My surgery was performed by Dr Mahipal S. Sachdev, and I must say, the entire procedure was just so flawless! Now my power is 6/6, which is now perfect, and I didn't even get any side effects after the surgery. I'd definitely like to recommend Centre For Sight to everybody!