- Cataract Eye procedure
- LASIK & Refractive procedure
- Smile Eye procedure
Dr. Pranita Sahay
Book an Appointment
- Cornea services
- Keratoconus Treatment
- ICL procedure
- MD (AIIMS, Delhi)
- FRCS (Glasgow)
- FICO (Cornea)
- FAICO (Ref Sx.)
- FICO (UK)
- Senior Residency from Dr R P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi (2016-2019)
- Senior Research Officer at Dr R P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi (2019-2020)
- Assistant Professor at Lady Hardinge Medical College & SSK Hospital (2020-2021)
- Assistant Professor at University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital (2021-2022)
- Research and Designation held by Dr. Pranita Sahay
- Sahay P, Sharma N, Sinha R, Sachdeva MS. Ophthalmology practice during COVID-19 pandemic: A survey of Indian ophthalmologists. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2021 Dec;69(12):3638-3642.
- Sahay P, Maharana PK, Mandal S, Sinha R, Agarwal T, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Cataract surgery outcomes in eyes with chorioretinal coloboma. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2019 May;45(5):630-638.
- Sahay P, Kumawat D, Gupta S, Tripathy K, Vohra R, Chandra M, Venkatesh P. Detection and monitoring of subclinical ocular siderosis using multifocal electroretinogram. Eye (Lond). 2019 Oct;33(10):1547-1555
- Sahay P, Maharana PK, Shaikh N, Goel S, Sinha R, Agarwal T, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Intra-lenticular lens aspiration in paediatric cases with anterior dislocation of lens. Eye (Lond). 2019 Sep;33(9):1411-1417.
- Sahay P, Singhal D, Nagpal R, Maharana PK, Farid M, Gelman R, Sinha R, Agarwal T, Titiyal JS, Sharma N. Pharmacologic therapy of mycotic keratitis. Surv Ophthalmol. 2019 May-Jun;64(3):380-400.
- Sahay P, Bafna RK, Reddy JC, Vajpayee RB, Sharma N. Complications of laser- assisted in situ keratomileusis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2021 Jul;69(7):1658-1669.
- Sahay P, Stevenson LJ, Agarwal T, Sharma B, Sharma N, Vajpayee RB. Shaped corneal transplantation surgery. Br J Ophthalmol. 2021 Jan;105(1):9-16.
- Sahay P, Goel S, Nagpal R, Maharana PK, Sinha R, Agarwal T, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Infectious Keratitis Caused by Rare and Emerging Micro-Organisms. Curr Eye Res. 2020 Jul;45(7):761-773.
- Sahay P, Maharana PK, Temkar S, Chawla R. Corneal epithelial toxicity with intravitreal methotrexate in a case of B-cell lymphoma with ocular involvement. BMJ Case Rep. 2018 Aug 27;2018:bcr2018226005.
- Sahay P, Pandya I, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS. Cloudy Cornea with Arcus Juvenilis in a Case of Dense Deposit Disease. BMJ Case Rep. 2018 Jun 27;2018:bcr2018224545.
- Sahay P, Maharana PK, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Post laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis keratomycotic malignant glaucoma. BMJ Case Rep. 2017 Oct 13;2017:bcr2017222525.
- Sahay P, Agarwal D, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS. Granular corneal dystrophy: an enigma resolved. Int Ophthalmol. 2019 Jul;39(7):1599-1602
- Sahay P, Dhanda S, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS. Intercalary staphyloma in Marfan syndrome: A dreaded complication of scleral incision. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2019 Jul;67(7):1161-1162
- Sahay P, Goel S, Maharana PK, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Sequelae of neglected hypermature senile cataract. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2019 Oct;67(10):1707-1708.
- Sahay P, Bari A, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS. Missed caterpillar cilia in the eye: cause for ongoing ocular inflammation. BMJ Case Rep. 2019 Apr 15;12(4):e230275.
- Sahay P, Nair S, Maharana PK, Sharma N. Pseudomembranous conjunctivitis: unveil the curtain. BMJ Case Rep. 2019 Mar 15;12(3):e228538.
- Sahay P, Saluja G, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS. Topical ayurvedic ointment-induced chemical injury presenting as bilateral acute keratitis. BMJ Case Rep. 2017 Aug 20;2017:bcr2017220739.
- Sahay P, Shaji KR, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS. Spontaneous anterior dislocation of lens in a case of ectopia lentis et pupillae: a rare entity treated by a novel technique of microscope integrated optical coherence tomography (MIOCT) guided intralenticular lens aspiration. BMJ Case Rep. 2019 Jan 18;12(1):bcr-2018-227047.
- Sahay P, Asif MI, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS. Periocular contact dermatitis with use of topical voriconazole 1% in mycotic keratitis. BMJ Case Rep. 2018 Sep 15;2018:bcr2018226498.
- Sahay P, Dhanda S, Singhal D, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS, Sharma N. Scleritis in congenital erythropoietic porphyria – infective or inflammatory? Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018 Oct;66(10):1467-1468
- Sharma N, Sahay P, Maharana PK, Singhal D, Saluja G, Bandivadekar P, Chako J, Agarwal T, Sinha R, Titiyal JS, Satpathy G, Velpandian T. Management Algorithm for Fungal Keratitis: The TST (Topical, Systemic, and Targeted Therapy) Protocol. Cornea. 2019 Feb;38(2):141-145
- Fogla R, Sahay P, Sharma N. Preferred practice pattern and observed outcome of deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty – A survey of Indian corneal surgeons. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2021 Jun;69(6):1553-1558.
- Maharana PK, Sahay P, Titiyal JS, Sharma N. Sinsky hook assisted roll preparation (SHARP): A modified technique for Descemet membrane endothelial keratoplasty donor preparation. Saudi J Ophthalmol. 2019 Jan-Mar;33(1):28-33.
- Maharana PK, Sahay P, Sen S, Venugopal R, Titiyal JS, Sharma N. Corneal Ectasia in Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: A Sequela of Chronic Disease. Am J Ophthalmol. 2018 Sep;193:1-9.
- Singhal D, Sahay P, Maharana PK, Amar SP, Titiyal JS, Sharma N. Clinical presentation and management of corneal fistula. Br J Ophthalmol. 2019 Apr;103(4):530-533.
- Maharana PK, Sahay P, Sujeeth M, Singhal D, Rathi A, Titiyal JS, Sharma N. Microbial Keratitis After Accelerated Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking in Keratoconus. Cornea. 2018 Feb;37(2):162-167.
- Sharma N, Sahay P, Maharana PK, Kumar P, Ahsan S, Titiyal JS. Microscope Integrated Intraoperative Optical Coherence Tomography-Guided DMEK in Corneas with Poor Visualization. Clin Ophthalmol. 2020 Mar 3;14:643-651.
- Sinha R, Sahay P, Saxena R, Kalra N, Gupta V, Titiyal JS. Visual outcomes of binocular implantation of a new extended depth of focus intraocular lens. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Oct;68(10):2111-2116.
- Kumawat D, Sahay P, Chawla R, Venkatraman V, Venkatesh P, Khokhar S. Clinical Features of Nontraumatic Posterior Dislocation of Crystalline Lens. Ophthalmol Retina. 2020 May;4(5):545-547.
- Goel S, Sahay P, Singhal D, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS, Sharma N. Intraoperative optical coherence tomography-guided release of lenticulo-corneal adhesion and lens aspiration in anterior dislocation of lens with corneal edema. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Mar;68(3):510-512.
- Kumawat D, Sahay P, Mahalingam K, Vikas SJ, Sen S, Banerjee M, Venkatesh P. Multifocal electroretinogram in eyes with intravitreal silicone oil and changesfollowing silicone oil removal. Doc Ophthalmol. 2019 Dec;139(3):197-205.
- Yadav S, Sahay P, Maharana PK, Titiyal JS, Vajpayee RB, Sharma N. Comparison of visual performance and after cataract formation between two monofocal aspheric intraocular lenses following phacoemulsification for senile cataract: A randomized controlled study. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017 Dec;65(12):1445-1449.
- Tandon R, Vashist P, Gupta N, Gupta V, Sahay P, Deka D, Singh S, Vishwanath K, Murthy GVS. Association of dry eye disease and sun exposure in geographically diverse adult (≥40 years) populations of India: The SEED (sun exposure, environment and dry eye disease) study – Second report of the ICMR-EYE SEE study group. Ocul Surf. 2020 Oct;18(4):718-730.
- Singhal D, Sahay P, Goel S, Asif MI, Maharana PK, Sharma N. Descemet membrane detachment. Surv Ophthalmol. 2020 May-Jun;65(3):279-293.
- Singhal D, Sahay P, Maharana PK, Raj N, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis. Surv Ophthalmol. 2019 May-Jun;64(3):289-311.
- Maharana PK, Sahay P, Singhal D, Garg I, Titiyal JS, Sharma N. Component corneal surgery: An update. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017 Aug;65(8):658-672.
- Kumawat D, Venkatesh P, Brar AS, Sahay P, Kumar V, Chandra P, Chawla R. ATYPICAL MACULAR HOLES. Retina. 2019 Jul;39(7):1236-1264.
- Sharma N, Singhal D, Nair SP, Sahay P, Sreeshankar SS, Maharana PK. Corneal edema after phacoemulsification. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017 Dec;65(12):1381-1389.
- Mandal S, Sahay P, Nagpal R, Maharana PK. Deep blue dot corneal degeneration: a rare corneal degeneration. BMJ Case Rep. 2022 Apr 1;15(4):e248458
- Kumawat D, Patel S, Sachan A, Sahay P. Salt-and-pepper-like retinopathy in a case of morning glory disc anomaly. BMJ Case Rep. 2021 Jan 27;14(1):e239924
- Goel S, Desai A, Sahay P, Maharana PK, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Bilateral nodular sclerokeratitis secondary to syphilis – A case report. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Sep;68(9):1990-1993.
- Kumawat D, Saluja G, Chawla R, Rathod S, Sahay P. Multimodal imaging-guided management of a nonangiomatous proliferation at the optic disc in a case of Von Hippel-Lindau disease. Can J Ophthalmol. 2020 Feb;55(1):e22-e26.
- Awards and Recognition
- FRCS Glasgow – Ophthalmology (Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, United Kingdom)
- FICO Cornea and External eye diseases (Fellow of International Council of Ophthalmology in sub-speciality Cornea and External Eye Diseases, UK)
- FAICO Refractive Surgery (Fellow of All India Collegium of Ophthalmology, India)
- FICO (Fellow of International Council of Ophthalmology, UK)
- “Dr Mangtoo Ram Gold Medal” for Highest marks in Ophthalmology in MBBS Phase III exam
- “Dr Achyutanand Gold Medal” for Highest marks in ENT in MBBS Phase III exam
- “Dr Rangi Prasad Singh Gold Medal” for Highest marks in MBBS Phase III exam
- “Best Junior Resident award” by Ophthalmic Research Association, AIIMS, New Delhi
- “First Prize in free paper session – Cornea” in annual conference of Indian Society of Cornea and Keratorefractive Surgery 2019
- “First Prize in free paper session – Cornea” in annual conference of Indian Society of Cornea Society of India
- “Second prize in Poster Presentation -Cornea” in annual conference of Indian Society of Cornea and Keratorefractive Surgery 2019
- “Third prize in ISCKRS Ophtha Quiz “in annual conference of Indian Society of Cornea and Keratorefractive Surgery 2019
- “Dr V K Kalra Memorial Trophy” for quiz winner Delhi Ophthalmic Society Conference 2017
- IJO Certificate of Merit for the year 2020 for article titled “Intraoperative optical coherence tomography-guided release of lenticulo-corneal adhesion and lens aspiration in anterior dislocation of lens with corneal edema”
- “First Runner up in KERACON Quiz” organised by Cornea Society of India
What patrons have to say
Seven years back, I used to wear eyeglasses & contact lenses, but then I got SMILE Eye Surgery done at Centre for Sight. The entire procedure was seamless & quick, and even my vision was completely restored. It really transformed my life! So, don't hide your beautiful eyes behind eyeglasses. It's time to #BeSpecsFree.
I am feeling very light and relaxed after the surgery. I used to feel tired from wearing contacts and glasses, but now there is a sense of relief. I would recommend the SMILE procedure to everyone who wants to eliminate SPECS from their lives.
I think I made the wisest decision by choosing SMILE Laser Eye Surgery! Thanks, Centre for Sight, for giving me endless smiles.
I wanted to get rid of my contact lenses & glasses and hence decided to go for LASIK Eye Surgery from Centre For Sight. My experience was great, and I am very happy with the results!
I came to Centre for Sight with a lot of doubts regarding SMILE Laser Eye Surgery, but my eye doctor & the entire staff made me feel comfortable & guided me throughout the process. The surgery went smoothly, and I really had a wonderful experience here!
I decided to go for SMILE surgery and get rid of my eyeglasses. And it was an amazing experience - the procedure took 5-10 mins only, and the entire staff & doctors were super comforting. I literally got my vision back, and I feel AMAZING!
Mr. Sidharth Gupta
For 11 years, I used to wear spectacles, and I recently got SMILE laser eye surgery at Centre For Sight, Safdarjung. My surgery was performed by Dr Mahipal S. Sachdev, and I must say, the entire procedure was just so flawless! Now my power is 6/6, which is now perfect, and I didn't even get any side effects after the surgery. I'd definitely like to recommend Centre For Sight to everybody!