- SMILE Eye procedure
- LASIK & Refractive procedure
- Cataract procedure
- Cornea Services
Dr. Mahipal S Sachdev
Book an Appointment
- Ocular Surface & Dry Eyes Disorders
- Keratoconus Treatment
- Computer Vision Syndrome
- MBBS, MS OPHTHALMOLOGY, DNB, MNAMS, FRCS 1, FICO 2(UK)
- M.B.B.S. (AIIMS)
- M.D. (AIIMS)
- Fellowship in Cornea (Georgetown University, Washington D.C., USA)
- Honorary Professor at T.S. Mishra Medical College, Lucknow
- Assistant Professor, AIIMS, June 1987
- Associate Professor, AIIMS, 1991-96
- Sr. Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital (1996)
- Chairman & Medical Director, Centre For Sight Group of Eye Hospitals,1996 – Now
- Awards and Recognition
- Recipient of the Padma Shri in January 2007
- Recipient of Honorary FAICO by AIOS in 2020
- Introduced SMILE procedure in India
- Introduced blade-free Femtocatarct technology in India
- Performed the first iLASIK (Bladeless LASIK) in India
- Pioneer in installing Zyoptix (Bladeless LASIK) in India
- First to have introduced Phakic IOLs in India
- Pioneer & propagator of Phacoemulsification for Cataract procedure technique
- Principal investigator in multiple clinical research studies
- Led team of ophthalmologists into Guinness Book of World Records for the maximum number of Diabetic Retinopathy Screenings in a day
- Inducted into the Wall of Fame at Modern School, Barakhamba Road
- Recognized as the best resident and stood first in M.D. Ophthalmology (AIIMS)
- Recipient of multiple fellowships and scholarships from the “Fifth International Symposium on Immunopathology”- Japan, “International Society of Eye Research”, “Research to Prevent Blindness”, New York, “Fisons award by the Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists”, the USA amongst others.
- Won the “A C Aggrawal Memorial Trophy”, “Col. Rangachari Certificate”, “Krishna Sohan Singh Trophy”, and “Dr Ishwar Chand Silver Jubilee Award”
- Recipient of the “Life Time Achievement Award- Ophthalmology” at Times Healthcare Achievers program held in Delhi
- Honoured as one of the “Prominent Sikhs of India” on the occasion of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Ji
- Recipient of “International Leading Ophthalmologist 2016” in the conference of Eye Advance by Swiss Eye Research Foundation Switzerland
- Launched the Village adoption programme to prevent and treat avoidable blindness
- Member of Global Advisory Board Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision
- 115+ Articles published in Indexed Ophthalmological Journals
- Authored the First book on Phacoemulsification in India
- 175+ Papers & Courses presented at National & International Conferences
- Attended 400+ National & International Conferences
- 150+ Articles published in Newspaper Magazines
What patrons have to say
Seven years back, I used to wear eyeglasses & contact lenses, but then I got SMILE Eye Surgery done at Centre for Sight. The entire procedure was seamless & quick, and even my vision was completely restored. It really transformed my life! So, don't hide your beautiful eyes behind eyeglasses. It's time to #BeSpecsFree.
I am feeling very light and relaxed after the surgery. I used to feel tired from wearing contacts and glasses, but now there is a sense of relief. I would recommend the SMILE procedure to everyone who wants to eliminate SPECS from their lives.
I think I made the wisest decision by choosing SMILE Laser Eye Surgery! Thanks, Centre for Sight, for giving me endless smiles.
I wanted to get rid of my contact lenses & glasses and hence decided to go for LASIK Eye Surgery from Centre For Sight. My experience was great, and I am very happy with the results!
I came to Centre for Sight with a lot of doubts regarding SMILE Laser Eye Surgery, but my eye doctor & the entire staff made me feel comfortable & guided me throughout the process. The surgery went smoothly, and I really had a wonderful experience here!
I decided to go for SMILE surgery and get rid of my eyeglasses. And it was an amazing experience - the procedure took 5-10 mins only, and the entire staff & doctors were super comforting. I literally got my vision back, and I feel AMAZING!
Mr. Sidharth Gupta
For 11 years, I used to wear spectacles, and I recently got SMILE laser eye surgery at Centre For Sight, Safdarjung. My surgery was performed by Dr Mahipal S. Sachdev, and I must say, the entire procedure was just so flawless! Now my power is 6/6, which is now perfect, and I didn't even get any side effects after the surgery. I'd definitely like to recommend Centre For Sight to everybody!